Laser dentistry is one of the most advanced dental treatments today. Both Dr. DeVito and Dr. Kogan are certified in the PerioLase dental laser by the Institute of Advanced Laser Dentistry. The PerioLase is a 6-watt free-running variable pulsed Nd:YAG dental laser featuring digital technology and 7 pulse durations—the most available on the market—giving it the power and versatility to perform a wide range of laser procedures. The PerioLase allows us to perform a wide range of procedures with benefits including:
- Faster healing time and less trauma to teeth and gums.
- Less anesthetic for most procedures.
- Treating dental needs in more than one part of the mouth in one visit.
- Making dental care a more relaxing experience for you.
Over 50% of American adults have gum disease – an infection below the gum line. Gum disease is linked to several health problems – from heart disease, stroke, diabetes and pre-term babies – but only a small percentage of these adults get the treatment they need. Traditional gum disease treatment options involve cutting the gum tissue or extracting the teeth.
The LANAP® protocol uses the specific wavelength PerioLase® MVP-7™ dental laser to vaporize bacteria deep within the pockets of the gums while leaving healthy tissue intact. Patients undergoing this type of treatment enjoy fast healing times and more predictable results. Take care of your oral and total health today.
The Benefits of Laser Dentistry/LANAP
- Faster Healing – LANAP® is minimally invasive and allows the body to recover and heal more quickly.
- Less Discomfort – Patients report less discomfort during and after surgery.
- Minimal Recovery Time – Most patients can immediately return to their daily routine.
- Little to No Gum Recession – Because the procedure doesn’t require cutting the gums, there is less risk of recession and your beautiful smile is maintained.
- Reduction in Gum Inflammation and Bleeding – The PerioLase® MVP-7™ targets inflammatory bacteria without injuring healthy tissue.
- Saves Teeth – Patients can keep their natural teeth sometimes even when the teeth have been deemed ‘hopeless’ with traditional treatments.
- Keeping your natural teeth has been linked to a longer lifespan!
- Safe for patients with Health Concerns –LANAP® protocol is safe for patients with health concerns such as diabetes, HIV, hemophilia, or those taking medications such as Plavix or aspirin.